I am someone who lives for the comforts of home, more specifically...home cooked meals. While a lot of my meals are consumed in some of New York's finest, if given the opportunity I would almost always choose a home cooked meal. With this notion in mind, recently I've been making a conscious effort to make food at home, if not for economic or health reasons, because at the very least I'm kind of sort of starting to get sick of ordering from the same takeout places.
What I've come to realize though is cooking for ones self is still different. There's the special something (Kathy's equated it to love & care) that goes into a meal made by someone for someone else (even if it's mac & cheese with hot dog slices) that I just can't seem to replicate for myself (& Jon...poor Jon). Thankfully, this weekend Jon and I got a reprieve from my lame attempts and went to Princeton, NJ to spend some time with his niece & parents while his sister and brother-in-law made a short getaway to the city.
In anticipation of this weekend, I had mentioned to Jon that I was very much so looking forward to the food his dad would be conjuring up. I guess I need to preface that Jon's dad loves everything kitchen related (including bag clips, which has actually come in very handy!) and is a culinary connoisseur. I'm sure if he's reading this he might be slightly disgruntled at my use of "connoisseur", but that's the best way to describe it. Little did I know that my comment to Jon would result in a game of telephone and to make a long story short, there was certainly no lack of good food for the next 24 hrs.
Chef Hank
Lotus Root & Sprout Thingy's
Chicken!
(marinated for 2 whole days!)
Shrimp w/Lobster Sauce
Milk's next spokes model?
(Got Milk?)
Jon & Ellie spending some quality time together :)
I was only disappointed that there are only 3 meals in a day (at least in the conventional way of eating), because everything tasted so good! I can't wait to come home for Memorial Day weekend for some more amazing home cooking and some bbq'ing!
Aww she is soo cute! :-) Food looks great!
ReplyDelete