I was beyond excited when I found out that all the former 6121 residents were all going to be to make it back to Bloomington for a Little 500 reunion this year! Finally after weeks of anticipation and randoms squeals of joy, the weekend finally got here!
This year I wished for warm weather as the last time I went to Little 5 I'm fairly certain it was counted as one of the coldest Little 5's in history (brrrrrr). My wish was granted, although I should have specified I also wanted dry weather as it rained most of the weekend (especially during the largest chunk of time when we were outside...c'est la vie)!
We didn't let this dampen our spirits and started the weekend off right with a stop at Yogi's for some much needed grub! This is where I learned that Seth (Kathy's bf) and I share the same aversion to spicy food! We watched him painfully, but happily eat the spicy wings he'd ordered for lunch (ironically Jon and Kathy share the same love/appreciation for it)! Kathy and I had sandwiches, while Jon got something called the "G.M.O. Hoagie" (aka Gobble, Moo, Oink Hoagie) which can only appropriately be described with the aid of visuals:
"G.M.O."
Linds arrived later that night and met up with us (Allison arrived at 2am, but she was there in spirit!) at Nick's where we reminisced about old times, ate some delicious pizza, and schooled the boys at "Sink the Biz"....It's good to know that even a few years without practice can't prevent our natural skills from returning strong!
Kathy, Linds, Me!
The Boys trying not to Sink the Biz
without success :)
Saturday was the men's Little 500 race (the main event) so we got up early to start off the day right with some Village Deli where I got my favorite...the gigantic chocolate chip pancake! The race was rather unique this year given the torrential downpour. Half way through when the rain got really bad there was confusion about whether the officials had called the race in favor of the Cutters who had been leading at the time (needless to say the other teams were not happy)....long story short they waited 20 mins for the rain to settle, restarted the race and the Cutters won anyways!
Gigantic Chocolate Chip Pancake - Yummm
Linds, Bill & Allison!
The girls!
Jon had to stop to get a picture in front of Assembly Hall
on the way back to the hotel
At Upstairs!
Allison sharing her AMF
(Lindsay looks like she does not want in on the action)
The rest of Saturday flew by and I have to say it felt like things hadn't changed after all these years; you still run in to the same characters at the bars (it helped that this is a big alumni weekend), college boys still have the same forward & cheesy pick up techniques, and you always crave Mad Mush after a long night out.
I definitely don't get to see these girls enough, but whenever we do all get together it is the best! So glad we were able to make it happen this year & that the boys were able to come. Can't wait for the next reunion!!!


All i have to say is whatever Jon ate looks amaaaazing! and also a million calories.. hehe :-)
ReplyDelete