For the past week Jon and I spent some quality time perfecting the art of relaxation. We traveled to a place where to get to and from the resort part of the island your only options are by helicopter or a winding hour and a half drive....We traveled to a place I'd call paradise...aka St. Lucia!
This was a much anticipated, much needed, trip away from the city that started with an early morning flight from NYC. After a brief stop over in Charlotte, we had arrived in beautiful St. Lucia! We opted to take the helicopter ride from the south side of the island to the north in order to get to our resort. This was my first time in a helicopter and it was awesome! The views of the island from the 15 min ride were unlike any other experience you can have and the occasional roller coaster pit in your stomach feeling (I thought) was just a bonus!
Jon in the helicopter
The resort we stayed at was absolutely gorgeous. It was a small hotel with 2 pool areas and a private beach cove. Our first full day on the island was by far our best weather wise with gorgeous clear blue sky's . We spent time by the beach and the pool only breaking for lunch or to get ready for dinner (clearly the mission of this vacation was simple....relax, eat, repeat).
Plenty of fruity beach drinks were had and despite my obsessive nature with the sunscreen we managed to get some color (some brown, some red). I got to catch up on my girly novels (Everyone Worth Knowing & Eat, Pray, Love), while Jon read a book that made him crave dim sum for the rest of the trip (I'm sure those of you that know him well are shocked)!
We made a few friends throughout the week: Steve the beach crab and Herby the lizard that hangs by the pool. I think there may have been a few Herby's but I wasn't keeping track, I was on vacation! It's hard to say what else we did since in essence everything described was the extent of activity that was intended for this trip. I think the pictures are probably more descriptive of the peacefulness and relaxed nature of our vacation and tell a better story of our time than I could.
View from our balcony
First day heading to the beach!!
Catching some rays
(I think he was trying to steal my book!)
Beautiful Cap Maison
St. Lucia at night
Trying to stay dry on day 2, the rain eventually
went away and turned into...
clear sky's!
More beach time!
(Can you spot Steve?)
We went snorkeling and saw teeny tiny squid!
(I thought they were jellyfish and swam in the opposite direction)
St. Lucia sunset
I heart dessert
This ended up being the perfect vacation, just what we needed. From the food to the sun to the company I couldn't have asked for more!
Awwwwwww looks INCREDIBLE! What a beautiful resort too and I'm so jealous about the helicopter! :-)
ReplyDelete