This Friday marked the official end of a year long battle between 5 gloriously long flights of stairs and my lazy lady tendencies. Here’s a list of things I will miss about my old apt/neighborhood, and a list of “personality quirks” about the place that I may or may not be missing.
- All the amazing restaurants in the area.
- Running in central park.
- Walking to work.
- The extra space provided with a 2-bedroom.
Things I might miss about my old apt:
- Running up the 5 flights of stairs in hopes that it would make them seem shorter.
- The crazy temperature control issues in my room…the right combination of hot and cold was never accomplished.
- The occasional random mosquito bite in the middle of the night.
I’m sure there are more to each of the lists, but these are the few that come to mind first. I’m working on putting the new pad together and will hopefully post some pictures soon (I can’t debut the new apt with boxes everywhere)!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A little something I learned about NYC apartments:
The first time I looked for an apartment in NY I learned that “affordable” and “good location” are rarely in the same sentence. My second apartment hunting experience taught me that the 4+ floor walk-up experience seems to be some sort of right-of-passage, and that living in Manhattan means that you will have this luxury at some point. And my most recent apartment search surprised me by proving that even
No comments:
Post a Comment