With Jon's birthday coming up I was able to, thankfully, narrow down my gift choices to 2 options; it was between an external hard drive (which he desperately needs for his archaic computer) or Bruce Springsteen concert tickets. I'm pretty sure the external hard drive is going to be a huge success! Just kidding!
This Friday we went to see Bruce Springsteen perform his final concert in the old Giants Stadium. It was a packed house and after 3 1/2 hours of straight performing, somehow I was more exhausted then the 60 year old man who hadn't taken a break the whole time! The show was awesome and a great experience from beginning to end; from the lady behind us who was telling the story of how she almost forgot to bring her fanny pack, to the performance of classics like: Born in the USA, Born to Run, and others I'm not as familiar with!
Highlights from the show include:
- Performances by "the boss" Bruce Springsteen, "the big man" Clarence Clemons, and "the donger" Jonathan...(this one of course was only for anyone in our immediate area!)
- When Bruce found a sign that said, "Bald guys are great dancers" and brought the signs owner on stage to show off his moves!
- The masses of people with their jackets tied around there waste (it brought me back to my childhood)...I almost decided to take inventory until I realized I didn't have pen and paper and would have surely lost count otherwise.
- Fireworks!
- Less of a highlight more of an unfortunate....the 45+ year old men in front of us who kept feeling the need to take their shirts off and wrap them around there heads...let's just say it was a little nippy that evening!
Saturday Jon and I headed out to my friends' Zeehan & Shaun's house for a fall BBQ. Zee is 4 1/2 months pregnant and looks awesome! They've done a ton of work on their house since I last saw it and it is gorgeous, they have the perfect room picked out for the little one. The food was awesome, I ate myself into oblivion!
Sunday was about as lazy as they come, thankfully I had football in the middle of the day to motivate for a little bit of activity! Our team (orange this year, very festive) is now 2-0! This week I actually caught the ball (I dropped 2 throws in our first game last week) one of which was even for a touchdown point! I'm a machine! I'm also happy to report, that while last Monday I was so sore I couldn't move, laugh, smile, anything for 3 days, this week I'm doing significantly better in the soreness department, although I'm a little more bruised!
Jon and I have also taken to Scrabble recently...it's kind of nerdy, but we seem to enjoy it! So much so in fact that Jon purchased travel scrabble for our upcoming Europe trip, new levels of geek-ism! I'm currently undefeated :)
Can feel the intensity in this picture?
This Friday I'm headed to Indiana to spend some time with some of my college girls for IU Homecoming! I can't wait to see them! Here's to hoping for a lightening fast week!
No comments:
Post a Comment