Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Another Day, Another Dollar

September has flown by, which is hard to believe considering I feel like it only began a few days ago. I was trying to think of what I've done in the last few weeks and work is definitely the first thing that comes to mind. This month, more then any other time of year, tends to be the worst as far as work/life balance is concerned.

The good news: the month is almost over so hopefully the extraneous amounts of extra work will calm down as well! The bad news: NBCU is in limbo with the Vivendi put option up for grabs and rumors of a spin off to Comcast are circulating the squawk box! The extraneous amounts of extra work might increase.

Despite the craziness at work, I was able to catch up with two of my college friends who were briefly in NYC. Eaton, who's visiting the US from his current residence in Dubai, and I were able to catch dinner at a Lebanese restaurant called Al Diwan in the East Village (this was my first time eating Lebanese-yumm)! Ricky was in town with work and despite having to cancel dinner cause I was at the office late, we were able to catch up over a drink at El Rio Grande. Seeing these guys made me miss college and all my IU friends! Thankfully this will be remedied in a few weeks since I finally purchased my ticket back to Indy for IU's Homecoming weekend!

The weekends are definitely my time to relax, re-group, and with no travel/big plans recently they've also been a welcome opportunity to be a little whimsical. A few weekends ago, Jon and I spent some time in The Jers with his sister, her husband and baby Ellie! Their new hometown is so cute and charming, and was a welcome escape from the city! It was a fun day with good food/ice cream and great company!




Phil, Danielle, and Ellie
2 patterns + 1 pair of socks = amazingness!




This past weekend I got my wish and Jon and I went to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs"...which was very cute! As we learned it's perfect for all ages...Jon noticed a lot of the adult humor/references, which I had apparently glossed over (it took all my concentration not to drool in the theater)! The best part was definitely the ice cream "snow day"!

I also went to Bumble & Bumble to get my haircut...which is not information I'm sure people are interested in reading in my blog...however (and the reason I mention it) the loft building the salon was in had AWESOME views of lower Manhattan and the Meat Packing District! (The end result turned out ok too, no mullets, success!)


Pretty Downtown Manhattan!

Of course after the snow day scene we had to get ice cream this weekend! Sundaes & Cones was the prefect spot. Jon got a sundae (yumm), while I opted for a cone! (Mom I promise I'm combating all this excessive ice cream consumption with some exercise :))


"Ooh heaven is a place on earth
They say in heaven love comes first
We'll make heaven a place on earth
Ooh heaven is a place on earth"


The last couple of weekends have been the perfect lead in to some exciting October plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment