September officially marked the beginning of the professional football season. I'm getting more into football as the years go on, although I still spend most of the time asking questions about what everything means. Jon and I went to the first home game for the Giants who played the Redskins (and won)! My home team, da Bears, unfortunately did not have the same luck for their first game against the Packers....but this past weekend they played at home and beat the Steelers! Yay team!
Giants first home game!
Jon is a football fanatic (esp when it comes to the Giants) and I am a football novice...the best examples are definitely in the differences between our game watching-isms.
ME: (establishing the basics)
- The occasional clap when I understand what just happened, sometimes accompanied by "Yay!" if it's good for my team.
- "Darn" when I see my team drop the ball, throw an interception/incomplete (this was quite frequent in the Bears first game), or when the other team scores.
- "Ouch!" when it looks like something particularly painful just occurred.
JBoy: (It's hard to explain, it's definitely much more exciting to see in action)
- Finger waving in the direction of the end zone when the team is about to do something exciting and unexpected.
- A hop-like-shuffle across the floor once the finger wave is no longer adequate.
- Silent fist pumps in the air once a touch down has been accomplished (the facial expression that is accompanied by this can not be described in words, I will try to document soon).
- The occasional "come on boys!"...just because
In non-football related news, I'm really excited to see this weekend's number one hit at the box office "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs"....who wouldn't love if it rained meatballs, turkey legs and ice cream, as well as the upcoming movie "Couples Retreat" (which just happens to be a Universal film... potentially the only one worth seeing this year).
No comments:
Post a Comment