Tuesday, September 1, 2009

2009 "First's"

I don't know about everyone else, but it seems like 2009 is flying by (I'm experiencing déjà vu because I'm pretty sure I said the same thing about 2008, 2007, etc.).....it's New Year's Eve and then before you know it, it's Halloween or Thanksgiving again. Even so, I'm impressed that this year, at 25 (not that I'm saying 25 is old), I have still had a pretty substantial list of "first" time experiences:

  • First wedding I've attended
  • First baptism I've attended
  • First time I've tried yoga
  • First time I've lived alone
  • First time I've missed a flight (sorry Curtis)
  • First time a date has tried to take me to a gay bar (thank you Jon)

There are even more, but these are the one's that stick out in my mind the most! This weekend Jon and I experienced a "second" for me, we attended his friends Mike and Michelle's wedding in Hoboken, NJ. The rain held out and it ended up being a great weekend!




It's been a really exciting year and I'm so pumped for everything else the fall and winter have to offer including:
  • Reunion with my college ladies for IU Homecoming!
  • My trip to London & Paris w/Jon (and getting to see all our friends in London!)
  • Thanksgiving gorge fest 2009
  • Boulder and Vail with the fam for Curtis' college graduation! (now I feel old)
  • Intramural football league...hopefully this year I'll have less bruises
  • Sweaters! (Kathy I'm sure you'll be relieved to hear I'll be expanding my collection)
  • Pumpkin patches, apple picking, & Christmas tree's!
So many fun things to look forward to!

1 comment:

  1. Your fall/winter does sound lovely! I can't wait to see everyone for our reunion in October! It's been way too long.

    When are you guys going to Paris/London? I am so jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete