This week at the grocery store there was a special on boneless pork chops that I just couldn't pass up! After getting my groceries home I realized I've never actually made a pork chop before...clearly a minor detail.
Like I suspect most people do, I called up my mom to get the family secret to making the perfect pork chop, or in my case enough direction so that it doesn't come out tasting like a dog chew toy. As a side note, let's just say I was a little surprised when I realized she was at the airport with my dad getting ready to board a plane to Las Vegas on a random Wednesday night. (My parents are clearly enjoying their "empty nest"). She gave me the instructions and I wished her luck.
At the same time I was on the phone with my mom my brother happened to call. When I called him back I quickly told him about my cooking endeavour, at which point he mentioned he had his own pork chop recipe (mom's with modifications) that he made quite frequently and thought was pretty good (I won't say he said it was "better"...I don't want to see him shunned from Thanksgiving this year :)). I felt a challenge ensue and thus Battle Pork Chop was born!
Armed with 2 recipes I started with my mom's this week, deliciousness!!, and will make Curtis' next week (hopefully pork chops are still on sale!) and we'll see who comes out on top!
Who will win?

No comments:
Post a Comment