This weekend my family was out in Colorado to celebrate the youngest member of the family's graduation from college! It's official, Curtis is an alumni of CU Boulder...or as the Chancellor kept saying a Buff Alumni! Curtis and his fellow graduates from the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences stood out at the ceremony with their yellow/orange tassels (I'm envious as mine was a poop brown color)! After the ceremony we took some family pics (grad with parents, grad with sister, grad with random CU Boulder building, grad with tree, etc) and even got one with all of us...it was so bright out we unfortunately all look like ghosts!
After the graduation ceremony Curtis gave us an abbreviated driving tour of Boulder before we stopped at Boulder Cork for lunch. Ironically we were just talking about this place with some family friends a few weeks before as they're CU Boulder alumni and were curious if it was still around! Once we were sufficiently (so) full we decided to make our way to Vail where we were planning to continue the graduation weekend celebration! We took the scenic, aka very twisty with lots of cliffs, way which was so beautiful and made me realize how much I like Colorado! On the way it was funny to see how roles have changed over time...Curtis and I were up front driving, while the parentals napped in the back :)
Vail, Co
Our time in Vail was amazing, very relaxing without any real agenda. Days were planned around the meals and the meals were mmm mmm good. Curtis and I went snowboarding on Saturday and are definitely still in the learning phase...although I have to say he spent less time in the snow then I did so really I should only speak for myself! It was so sunny and not to cold, all the up and down helped with that I imagine!
!?
(most of the time)
Curtis!
(Despite the snow on his back he did not fall right before this picture!)
Congratulations again Curtis! You are now joining the real world...I will expect larger and more lavish birthday, Christmas, just because gifts :)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment