Wednesday, May 19, 2010

FORRRREEEE!!

Since moving back to New York, almost 2 years ago, I have realized how difficult it is to have golf as hobby (i.e. my clubs have been in the back of my closet unused since). This past weekend though I broke the dry spell! Jon and I rented a car and spent the day in Jersey visiting the local Target (my fave) and playing a round of golf at one of the courses near the city.

I will admit I was quite nervous, 1. because I'd never played with Jon before (and secretly I didn't want him to be that much better than me) and 2. because inevitably we were also bound to be paired with another twosome. This is always one of the more nerve racking parts of golf for me, finding out who you're paired with (somewhat like a blind date). Thankfully we got paired with a very nice older couple who were very patient and who's daughter ironically went to high school with Jon (this is always happening to him).

I have to admit I was pretty nervous, and it showed in my first few swings (and even a whiff or two) but by the back nine I think I was getting the hang of it! Hopefully we'll get a few more opportunities to play this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment