The answer was yes on all accounts! Jon and I got engaged just this past Sunday and I have to say I could not have been more thrilled and surprised!!
After what was a very active weekend all I wanted to do Sunday was kick back and relax. We decided to grab Dim Sum that morning, and per usual I was "so full". Thankfully we decided to walk back to Jon's apartment because that's when he was planning to ask. He told me he wanted to see what was playing at the Angelika Theatre on Houston and I didn't really think anything of it.
As soon as we get there he won't let go of my hand and is starting to tell me this story about how we had one of our first dates here and that on more than one occasion I've mentioned to him that I remember he didn't kiss me goodbye on that date. I was about to agree that, yes I did remember when all the sudden he keeps talking and is using words such as "love", "future", "happiness", etc. The next thing I remember there's a little black box, he's on his knee, I've got the home alone face going on, and there's this woman repeatedly asking "are you proposing?"!
It was such a wonderful and surreal moment. He totally surprised me which I had thought was impossible. It took a few hours for everything to set in until we could finally call our parents, siblings, and friends to share the news :)
Hints that now make sense after the fact:
1. My mom asking if "anything was new" between Jon and I earlier in the week - this has never happened.
2. Jonathan staying late at work on Friday to "increase his home owners insurance" since I was moving in (this one fooled me at first, but I was suspicious).
3. Jon saying he had to stay late at work once because he had a meeting. A meeting that was apparently about "stuff" when I later asked what is was for.
Love it!
ReplyDeleteAnd you too!