Thursday, June 3, 2010

BBQ, Baseball, and Superdawgs

For Memorial Day weekend Jon and I headed back to wonderful Chicago! It seems that when I travel with Jon I have about 100x's better flight luck then when I travel alone and this weekend proved no different! We got in right on time, even though Obama was apparently trying to descend on beautiful Chicago at about the same time we were.

There were a lot of home cooked meals which was a nice treat from the normal take out/ eat out routine we've been experiencing here. There was one special stop though that I promised Jon we had to make this time....a trip to Superdawgs! As someone who didn't really eat hot dogs through much of my young adult years I have to admit I can never pass up a Superdawg...yummy.


Jon with Superdawgs signature
gigantic ceramic hotdogs!



Fries...yumm...hot dog...double yum..
..pickled tomato...ehh

Happy!

Jon, Curtis and I got a real treat and were able to take in a Cubs game at Wrigley on Saturday afternoon. Wrigley is magic....as someone who doesn't particularly enjoy the 3 hr + game that is baseball, I find I never mind when it's in this beautiful stadium (a cold beer usually helps as well).








Curtis and I cheering on the Cubs!

We had such a wonderful time celebrating our engagement in my hometown with the fam! That combined with the flight and weather luck we had means Jon had a pretty difficult time trying to coax me onto the plane back to NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment