Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New, Old Love

I am a sap and absolutely melt when I see older couples holding hands...it's nice to know that after so many years they aren't tired of, and still want to hold each others hands (Jon you best be prepared to hold my hand for a long time).

On that note, there is an older couple that, more often than not, I see in the line of people trying to exit my subway station in the morning. Everyday it's the same thing; somehow he gets ahead of her in the throngs of people trying to exit at the same time (New Yorkers can be pushy, literally) and he always waits for her to catch up once outside. They then walk hand in hand on the way to work (at least that's where I imagine they're headed) and right before she turns down 6th Ave and keeps going they give each other a peck goodbye.

No matter what kind of morning I'm having, no matter how many people have pushed me to get out of the way this couple always brings a smile to my face :)

1 comment:

  1. awww that is so cute :-) hopefully they move quickly otherwise it wouldn't be so cute if you were stuck behind them hehe

    ReplyDelete